Dear NYCSSS Employee,
You are receiving this message because, according to our records, you are an employee working in-person in our schools or other critical on-site locations. We are writing to inform you that in accordance with current guidance , you are considered eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine as of Monday, January 11, 2021, and you can start signing up for appointments as of Sunday, January 10. The COVID-19 vaccine has been shown to be safe and effective, and we strongly encourage you to get vaccinated. There is no cost for the vaccine.
Where to Get Vaccinated
The City is scaling up distribution sites as part of its commitment to deliver free, safe, and easy access to these vaccines for all New Yorkers. Dozens of vaccination sites are listed by borough at http://nyc.gov/vaccinefinder with more being added on a rolling basis.
When to Get Vaccinated
- Hours vary by site—be sure to check the website linked above.
- We encourage you to get vaccinated outside of normal work hours, if possible, to maintain staffing consistency at your work site.
- To the extent you need to schedule a vaccination during the workday, you will receive up to four hours of excused leave per vaccine dose. You should provide at least three days of advance notice to your Custodian Engineer for any such absence so that appropriate coverage can be arranged. To receive excused leave, you will need to provide documentation of the appointment as well as your receipt of the vaccine.
- Vaccine supply continues to be in high demand, and appointments will fill up. If vaccine appointments at a given location or date are full, please continue to check back as more appointment slots come online.
How to Get Vaccinated
- Be sure to follow all instructions about making an appointment among the sites listed at the link above, where applicable.
- Be aware that you will need to complete the NYS COVID-19 Vaccine Form (link here: https://forms.ny.gov/s3/vaccine) in order to get vaccinated. NYS requires the provider administering the vaccine to check that you have completed the form and are eligible.
- Bring proof of employment, such as an employee ID card, employer letter, or a recent pay stub.
- Wear a face covering to your appointment. You will not be permitted on site at the testing location without one.
- Reschedule your appointment if you are not feeling well on the day of your appointment.
Thank you for your service to our 1.1 million students.
Daniel Stephens, MD – Deputy Commissioner for Family and Child Health. NYC Department of Health
Stephen Brennan – Executive Director, NYCSSS